Austin Curtis, Maintenance Manager at Portland General Electric explains how SETPOINT® Condition Monitoring changed the way they source and manage their machine data using OSISoft’s PI integration.
Portland General Electric putting comprehensive vibration data into the PI System
- No online condition monitoring data when machinery decisions needed to be made
- Incumbent system required expensive additional infrastructure
- Offline approach was to reactive and involved 10-hour round trip travel to and from the site
- SETPOINT® Edge Device streamed all vibration data into existing PI System
- Eliminated separate infrastructure; used PI System already installed
- All date in same ‘system of record for ease of correlation
- Accessible to everyone in the plant
- WAVEFORMS IN PI!! (The key to accurate analysis)
- Overall company risk significantly reduced
- Can now identify critical assess health accurately
- We know when we’re healthy (and when were sick)
- Data analysis done in 1 hour instead of 15+ hours.
Watch the presenation
Download the PDF presenation
Learn more about VC-8000 and SETPOINT® CMS
What isOSIsoft user conference?
This OSIsoft user conference provides a network for industry leaders, partners and peers of over 250 organizsations to discover how operational intelligence can be achieved with the PI System.
Presentation with Steve Sabin, VP of Marketing